Video Posted on
Since our meager efforts began nearly 3 yrs ago, we have seen landmark successes and the hand of God moving on the behalf of our Uganda Orphanage and widows project.
The lives of 125 children were about to end unless we stepped in to help. By this time, 3 yrs later, only 17 would be alive had the statistics stayed the same. Factor in the difficulties added by global pandemic and you can bet that number would be closer to 0.
That’s 125 innocent, orphaned children forgotten by the world and gone from the earth.
AIDS, Cholera, Malaria, starvation, simple injuries resulting in infections and diseases water sources were taking their toll.
Thank God you stepped up and helped! We stemmed the tide of death, gave them new housing, gave them food and clean water… and added to their numbers!
255 orphans and 80+ impoverished widows now have hope and a future thanks to you and Jesus’ love.
We are now beginning phase II
Exciting things are underway and more ways to help are coming!
Click the link above to see the sustainability projects we have underway and what is coming up that you can help with!
Shaun A Hays
Today I am asking for your help!
I’m trying to be respectful and not do this too much, but I cannot hold my tongue today. The need is dire:
– But first, some good news –
I want to tell you about all the great successes so far in Uganda, Africa at Ebeneezer Orphanage and the new headquarters of all we are doing in Kampala and the North Eastern regions of Uganda. (You can read about that here.) There has been so much good but our workers and orphans have had unexpected expenses making it difficult to keep them housed and fed well in April. We need $700 donated in the next two weeks! They are in desperate need.
I have verified their needs myself by going there in November.
There are many starving and becoming sick due to unclean water and other health issues, there are few with electricity and fewer eating well. Many are living in mud huts in the rural areas where crops have failed. Orphans are an epidemic due to AIDs and other issues. Widows often have no extended family or community to care for them and there is no government programs taking care of the need.
In April of this year, 5 Ministers and their families began to move into the KMMG Refuge, a Main Campus in Kampala with running water, toilets and a gated playground and school for up to 300 children! This is amazing for them, however, Lack of beds and other essentials, plus transportation and moving costs as well as a rainy season have combined to make it difficult to keep fires burning in the kitchens where life giving meals are being served to orphans, widows and very needy members of our KMMG group in Uganda Africa.
*SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OUR DONORS WHO HAVE HELPED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
The donations we get from you are going to the ministry of B. Hallan Otim who oversees the work of the church in Kampala as well as 30+ bush churches in Pallisa District and 6 other districts. He also oversees the work of the Ebenezer Orphanage and various sites where nearly 1000 orphans and widows are scattered. This man is covering about a third of his country with real-world gospel love. Among his other concerns is ensuring his ministers are equipped to teach and preach correct theology to those in his care. Many of his ministers do not even have Bibles or schooling and that is what we are intending to do…to equip the saints… but we must help Hallan to create a healthy and safe environment as well.
Among the costs of various buildings and the transportation needs he has, there are needs for clothing, mattresses, medicine, food, Clean water sources, firewood, educational supplies and kitchen supplies. Many have no income at all and those who do are severely limited in their opportunities. Most families live on a meager $1- $2 per week! How they do it is beyond our ability to fathom.
Can you imagine the life of an impoverished family living off Less than $100 per year??
I have seen it firsthand. I have also seen the incredible sacrifices of my dear friend; B. Hallan – who gives himself daily to the needs of those in his region. Hallan walks up to 20-30 miles in a day to check on the orphans and widows of his ministry. He conducts training sessions and services to raise up leaders and ministers in the distant rural villages and assigns work to those who qualify. He displays the Gospel of Jesus Christ in tangible ways to all around him. He is humble and passionate about this work.
The needs are great and we could really use a budget of $20,000 per year to truly and radically change the outcome of the people under Hallan’s care, but we are going to be faithful with our small beginnings.
I am his voice to you. He cannot ask you himself but I can do it; Will you help him to feed the hungry? We cannot visit these beautiful people daily, but Hallan and his ministers can. Will you help him to visit and encourage those widowed and left as orphans by disease and famine? Will you donate to give them a warm fire and food today? We know that God will honor your gift and see that it is multiplied.
Again, we need $700 as soon as possible so Hallan can pay first of the month rents etc…and yes, this is all done through the legitimate legal means of the KMMG 501c3. NOT A PENNY is going toward any admin costs or ministry/charity here in the US… it is going directly to the need.
I thank each and everyone of you who took the time to read this. Please pray for B. Hallan and myself as we work on the ongoing needs of those afflicted by Africa’s worst famine since 1945.
Monthly Support is our greatest need in 2018:
Can you give $20 a month?
(takes you to KMMG donation page for me: S Hays)
(takes you to YouCaring donation page for Ebenezer Orphanage)
Your small but needed gift very much saves lives in Uganda!
ALL DONATIONS GO DIRECTLY TO B. HALLAN in Uganda to (in order)
- FEED HUNGRY ORPHANS AND WIDOWS (James 6)
- Pay for housing Ebeneezer Orphans
- pay for the main campus in Kampala (church, head office, refuge)
- most urgent needs
Video Posted on Updated on
Hello! I have so much to add to this site but let’s review quickly, shall we?
- The financial status of the Orphanage project is up to date and the property owner is allowing us to pay on the 1st of every month which is a huge answer to prayer during these months of transition and planning. The children still need $125.00 per month for housing and we are asking for additional $200 per month for food/clean water/medicine, and other basic needs.
- We have found a perfect place for the main ministry operations and are excited to see how God has opened this door to us. The new headquarters will be in Kampala, the capital which is central to all things and will serve as our ministry’s Bishop’s office. It is a gated property that will be safe for many people. It will serve as the main church for our ministry in Kampala. It has good parking area for those with vehicles. It also has nursery and classrooms for up to 300 school children. We hope to one day soon staff this location with teachers for young people and provide Bible Schooling for young ministers. There are residences there which will also house 4 more impoverished ministers and their families, which is perfect, since Bishop Hallan will need those ministers there to help. The facilities has running water, toilets, and electricity too! We are securing all of this for $500.00 a month!! Yes the offices, the classrooms, the plumbing and toilets the electricity the residences and … oh! Did I mention the gated outdoor playground? We have secured pledges for half of the monthly costs. We are looking for pledges to help us get the next $250 a month. Any amount will be incredibly helpful and you will be a part of an amazing miracle for these wonderful souls!
3. We will be taking donations for Bibles and glasses for our Ugandan Bush pastors who need the Word of God in their own language – many don’t have ANY WRITTEN BIBLE at all right now. Some have poor eyesight and these two things together will be transforming for them and their villages. If this is your heart, please help us reach our Spring goal of $300 toward this goal today! Once we reach this goal, we will assess the next group of ministers needs and address it then. We are actively conversing with the builders of a new Bible college in Uganda as well, to see how we can partner with them for our ministers continued educational needs.
Video Posted on Updated on
UPDATED HERESpring 2018
Dec 21 – Thank you thank you thank you! We have been able to keep our precious children where they are for a while longer and have pleased the landlord by sending some of the owed money for 2017. Today we are transferring more to Hallan.
In total we have raised $900!
We need an additional $400 to get this Christmas miracle D-O-N-E.
please donate any amount to get us to this project out of the way so we can refocus our efforts on getting water,food and medicine. After that we can update our site to…
Stage 2: We are needing $100 pledges per month to cover the Orphanage payments in 2018.